Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Advice

I'm never sure how to help people who are looking for advice, particularly because I can't always tell if people want help or simply want to talk about their lives and know if someone's listening. The last person I seriously tried to advise about anything isn't speaking to me anymore; whether directly because of my advice or not, I'm not sure, but it can't be good.

The weather's getting increasingly fall-like here, finally. Still hit 85 today, but 85 is better than 95, so I'll take what I can get.

I'm looking forward to Jeff having a birthday party (his b-day's a month from today) and to Thanksgiving. I've really been missing my husband's family lately.

An old man was across the street (visiting our blind across-the-street neighbor, I assume). He didn't seem to believe me when I told him that I own the house now. The blind (well, he's "legally blind," so I guess he can see a little) man who lives in the house thought that some Hispanic family, including a woman who works "at that big drugstore out there... [he pointed north]" lived here. I'm fairly sure no one who's ever at our house fits that description. Just an interesting encounter. I found it amusing that the man didn't believe me when I told him I own the place. Believe me, there are days I want to give it back to the Rodriguez family, trust me...like the day I dropped $90 on baseboards and trim. That's no fun at all.

But it's MY crackhouse. And that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment