Sunday, October 10, 2010

Painting

I'm an epic failure at home improvement.

Though I suppose, if nothing else, I'm good at swiping my credit card at various home improvement stores (Home Depot today, though usually Lowe's) so that Jeff can continue working on all of our projects.

I'm a much better supervisor. He's currently putting primer on the walls of my office. I can't wait until it's done. I look forward to having a COMFORTABLE place to go to play WoW or read or do whatever.

Other than that, a mostly-lazy weekend. Yesterday I planted flower bulbs. I hate that I did all that work, and there's nothing to show for it but some empty plastic wrappers - but as they say, good things come to those who wait, right? I look forward to having a circle of daffodils surrounding our baby Japanese maple, and for the Monet's tulip collection (pretty shades of white, purple and pink!) blooming under the neighbor's stupid grapefruit tree.

There was family drama this morning. Things I thought had kind of gone away. Sigh.

Guess I'm pretty disjointed today. A little blue. Looking forward to seeing progress, though.

1 comment: