Saturday, January 29, 2011

Flea market

Inspired by a post from another blogger today, I decided to go check out Chico's Indoor Flea Market. While not nearly as inspiring or containing any of the beautiful things the other blogger's flea market contained, I *did* learn where to acquire Stevie Nicks's entire discography (including, of course, all of Fleetwood Mac), boxes upon boxes of drill bits, a plethora of Hot Wheel cars, or baked goods made by charming old ladies who also knit and/or do needlepoint. Next time I need baked goods for a gathering, in fact, I may just go to the flea market, because they looked yummy.

While I was out, I decided to head to Joann's, which is always a dangerous trip. I was looking for a 2" wide bias tape making tool, but the widest they have in stock in the store is a 1" one. Bias tape is good for all kinds of things, and having the tool to easily make my own would be pretty awesome. Something else for the Amazon wishlist, I suppose! I then checked out their remnants cart, where I grabbed some SUPER cute glittery ladybug fabric that I'm going to use for a bag for the 2-year-old of a dear friend of mine, and 2/3 of a yard of an olive-green-y fabric with dots on it. Not sure what I'm going to use it for, but they came out to $4.45, combined, including tax. I had $1.50 left over on a gift card, so it was only $2.95 out of my pocket for a total of 1 1/3 yards of fabric - pretty good, I think!

After that, I went to Old Navy and to Target, but didn't find what I was looking for at either place (a khaki version of the awesome pants I picked up last week, and satisfactory not-annoying shower curtain rings, respectively)... so I had In-N-Out Burger for lunch. Mmmm.

Oh, right. Hubby isn't home, so this was all by my lonesome - I miss him, and won't see him until tomorrow, but it's kind of nice to have the house to myself...

Well, me and the little monsters. :)

1 comment: