Monday, January 17, 2011

Thoughts on Sewing

As a new sewist (the noun I've chosen for myself, because I'm not exactly a tailor or seamstress, and sew-er isn't exactly a pleasant term, sans hyphen), few things are as scary as the first cut (or, in my case, slice) into a BIG piece of fabric. I'm able to afford all kinds of little pieces, like fat quarters, or just scraps, or whatever...but having a BIG piece means I've gone out and purchased it.

True, fabric isn't incredibly expensive, but the time to go get more, the shame in having screwed up... it's a lot.

Back to work. :)

1 comment:

  1. i will restrain a rant about sewist...i keep seeing that term everywhere and it's driving me crazy...

    what i wanted to say is that i think EVERYONE feels that way about the big pieces of fabric. frankly, i feel that way about fat quarters, because hey, i ONLY have this TINY piece of this fabulous fabric and what if i wreck it?

    ReplyDelete