Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Book #20: Grave Secrets

Kathy Reichs's novels are ones that I know Dianna holds dear; I've been working my way through them slooooowly, trying to avoid an OD like the one I gave myself when reading the Sookie Stackhouse books. This weekend I finished Grave Secrets as my 18th book of the year. (Interestingly enough, Charlaine Harris, who writes the Sookie books, also has a book titled Grave Secret!).

Anyway, I must say that I didn't enjoy this one as much as I've enjoyed the first four. I had a hard time following the plot - at least partially because I got distracted, wondering if Tempe was finally going to decide whether or not to pursue a relationship with her studcake detective friend, Andrew Ryan. As with Reichs's other novels, it was clearly well-researched, and even an only-had-one-physical-anthro-class-in-college gal like myself could follow along all the physical anthropology terms, even without consulting my husband!

In addition to reading this book over the weekend, Jeff and I also finished watching the most recent season of Bones. Every time I read one of these books, I can't help but think about how much better the books are than the shows - the Temperance Brennan character is much better in the books, much more believable; you get a better feeling for how long cases actually take in the books than on TV, etc. The finale of season 6? Gees. Don't get me started!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment