Monday, May 9, 2011

Worrying a little early

Last night, rather than just fall asleep, my brain felt it necessary to worry.

Specifically, to worry about the possibility of a long-distance move.

A long-distance move that won't (can't!) happen until at least mid-2013.

Apparently I felt the need to worry two years in advance about something that may not happen. Something I haven't done before, something I don't know how to do. I worried that we wouldn't be able to sell the house because we wouldn't have it finished yet (ever tried to sell a house with no grass?). Worried that we'd lose the kittens. Worried that we would have to sell all our furniture in order to move. Worried that I'd have to stay behind while Jeff moved (in my head, we were moving to Texas), leaving him to pick out an apartment. Worried about what we'd do with the furniture we wouldn't have room for in said apartment. Worried that we'd lose all kinds of money when we sold everything instead of taking it with us.

It's a wonder I'm not covered in gray by now.

1 comment:

  1. Try not to worry about things that have not come to pass. At least that's what I tell myself everyday.

    ReplyDelete