Friday, October 14, 2011

Tiny projects


I snagged these tiny, 1.5" squares from my aunt's stash back in August. They fall fairly neatly into rainbow colors. Some didn't, being too multicolored for easy sorting, but I went with whichever color they "felt" like.


I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with them - perhaps something similar to Rachel's "Bottled Rainbows" quilt-a-long, meant for scraps but I think this would work, too. Ticker tape quilts are fun, and I like the idea of setting them on point, I haven't done something like that before (I'm so new at this!). Maybe rather than try to match specific Kona solids, which I don't think I could do well with the limited number of scraps I have, I might do a from-light-to-dark sort of arrangement on a white background, framed in black. Sounds good to me.

For now, they're sitting on my desk, sorted by color...which means I can't avoid them for too long, since they're in my workspace!

Do you have any ideas for my tiny fabric swatches, other than tossing them up in the air like confetti (also a possibility, particularly if my cats come 'round!!)?

3 comments:

  1. Light to dark sounds like a good idea! Maybe make a color wheel? Make a mini quilt if you don't have enough for a big one. A color wheel quilt would make a nice wall hanging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I like ticker tape quilts! I'm going to try one... eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I'm your newest follower coming over from www.createdbycori.blogspot.com

    Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete