Friday, March 9, 2012

WIP - Crosshatches

So I LOVE the jelly roll race style of quilts - they're super quick and easy, and if you check out my finished projects page, well, you'll see that I've made a jillion of them.

This time, though, I've decided to do something different. I sewed the strips end-to-end, as per usual, and started the "race," so to speak, but stopped after the piece was eight strips wide. I then cut it into (rough) squares, so that they currently look like this:


Wrench helped me lay out bits this time!

 Here's a close-up of one of the blocks.

Because my math is STILL rubbish, having not improved at all from the "Oops I bought enough for two whole quilt tops" debacle, I ended up with eight bits of the one set of squares instead of nine.** Not sure what to do with them, now - maybe a square of another coordinating material in the middle? I really like the way you can make it look by rotating the blocks - the word "Crosshatch" came to mind. So that's what I'm calling them. I have two more color combinations:

Second set - yay, I have nine! :) 

Closeup - love the stripes and butterflies together.


I'm calling this one Raspberries and Cream. LOVE that deep pink color! I've also decided to finish this one up for a good friend's daughter.


See, while I've been gone, I've been at least getting SOMETHING done!

** Note - yes, I totally failed on math on the other quilt...but on these, I just didn't bother doing any at all. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment